I figure it’s about time I do a little post on here to introduce myself! So here are 10 things you may not know about me:
- I spent three years of my childhood living in Hiroshima, Japan. My family moved there on a work assignment for my father who was working for Ford Motor Company at the time. I still have so many fond memories of our time living there. I would love to go back some day and experience it again now that I am older!
- I have a bachelors degree in Business Management with an emphasis in Entrepreneurial Management, but photography is my passion.
- I’m obsessed with bookstores, nail polish, and Burt’s Bees chapstick.
- I love to travel. I have visited 10 countries so far and will be adding 8 more to my list this summer – I can’t wait! I think the craziest/hardest thing I’ve done during my various travels is backpack through the Himalayas for 5 days. I did no training ahead of time, so all I can say is thank heavens for being young at the time and strong-willed! It was an experience I will never forget.
- I didn’t pick up my first dslr camera until 2012. I started dabbling in photography as a way to explore my new surroundings after moving to Boston.
- Okay this one is a little complicated to explain, but bear with me. I was named after my grandmother, Carolyn, who was named after her grandmother as well. My mother, Catherine, was named after her grandmother, who was named after her grandmother too. So in my family for the last 7 generations the oldest daughter in the family has either been named Carolyn or Catherine, and it alternates generations (i.e. Carolyn then Catherine then Carolyn then Catherine, etc.). So, *spoiler alert* my first daughter will be named Catherine!
- My favorite food is french fries. I’m convinced that most of life’s problems can be solved by a McDonald’s Diet Coke and french fries.
- I never planned on getting married young, but I married my husband only 2 months after turning 20. It’s honestly still crazy to think about how young I was, even though at the time I thought I was the most mature 20 year old ever… (eye roll). We’ve now been married for almost 6 years, and what an incredible journey it has been!
- I hate being in front of the camera, hence my lack of a good photo to share for this post. Forcing myself to be in more photos is one of my goals for this year. So far I’d give myself a C+… it’s a work in progress!
- I am a Michigander, and proud of it! Other than the 3 year stint in Japan, I grew up in a suburb of Detroit. I have so much love for the state of Michigan, it honestly borders on obsessive. Sometimes I dream of the day when I might be able to move back, but as time goes on I am finding it harder and harder to picture ever leaving New England!
Leave me a comment below with a fun fact that few people know about you!